Classic half-face helmets have long been the choice of Nepali riders who seek a harmonious blend of vintage style and essential protection while roaming around the historic streets of Kathmandu or while cruising through the curvy highways.
In this article, we invite you to embark on a journey through our top picks, where we explore the seamless blend of heritage and modern technology in these iconic helmet options.
The SMK Retro helmet combines classic retro style with promising safety features. Constructed from a thermoplastic shell, it offers riders a perfect blend of style and security on their journeys. With the inclusion of a visor, riders can enjoy the open road with unobstructed vision while still delivering vital protection.
- Built-in visor
- Visor removal needs it own key, making it difficult to open or replace
- Very deep ventilation channels on the EPS but no intake and exhaust ports
The Studds Jetstar is the helmet with a fusion of lightweight design and affordability. This half-face helmet offers comfort & style at an epic price. The Studds Jetstar Helmet is ideal for riders seeking a sleek, lightweight option that won’t break the bank.
- Most affordable helmet in the segment
- Lightweight weighing at just 1100g (+/- 50g)
- Only ISI Certified, but does not meet global standards
- Comfort padding is of low quality
Handcrafted with precision and attention to detail, this helmet boasts a durable fiberglass shell that can withstand the rigors of the road. It’s an American classic that’s built to protect.
- Lightweight Fiberglass shell
- American Chopper Heritage with a uncompromising look & feel
- Hand Stitched leather & fabric comfort padding
- Very expensive with few features
Made for riders who appreciate retro design and modern conveniences, this helmet offers the best of both worlds. This helmet features a lightweight construction that ensures fatigue-free riding with an unhindered field of vision due to the addition of sun-visor.
- Only helmet in the segment to have internal sun-visor
- Lightweight at just 1000g (+/- 50 g)
- Comfortable with excellent padding
- No pins to add an external bubble visor
- Inbuilt visor doesn’t extend to the chin, covers only till the eyes
The Axor Jet features a durable outer shell made from fiberglass to provide maximum protection. The clear, scratch-resistant bubble visor provides excellent visibility while protecting your eyes from dust, insects, and other elements that may cause harm to the wearer’s eyes.
- Shell made from lightweight and sturdy fiberglass material
- Lightweight weighing at just 1000g (+/- 50 g)
- Comes with a bubble visor
- No ventilation inside the helmet
- Comfort padding is of a sub-par quality
Summary list of best classic full-face helmets in Nepal
|S. No.||Best Classic Half-Face Helmets in Nepal||Price|
|1||Axor Jet Retro||Rs. 6,939|
|2||LS2 Spitfire||Rs. 7,500|
|3||Highway 21 .38 Retro||Rs. 18,500|
|4||Studds Jetstar Classic||Rs. 2,200|
|5||SMK Retro Jet||Rs. 9,500|